Friday, February 20, 2009

Fowl ball!

This afternoon I came down stairs to find Kahea sitting on the couch eating something conspicuously non-fowl. It turned out to be a tuna fish sandwich. I think we can all agree to feel deeply disappointed.

However, things took a turn for the better a few moments later when I was looking through the fridge for my carton of orange juice to bring a glass to Marissa when I noticed one of the familiar Styrofoam trays covered by plastic wrapped which packaged the fowl of which Kahea is so fond.

Interestingly I noticed that instead of the bird's leg this was a wing!.


That evening, after returning from the store having purchased some l-tryptophan supplements and Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream my previous lunchtime disappointment was relieved in learning Kahea had eaten one his chicken wings for dinner. The wing was bake for 20 minutes on each side at 400 degrees with no seasoning.

When asked to compare the leg to the wing Kahea said it was more difficult to eat, however it was more meat for the money, so he predicts in the future the wing will be more often consumed by him than the leg. We then talked about how the wing was able to unfold on three joints, like a living wing, which I then acted out by unfolding my arm and hand as if opening a wing.

Kahea Hendrickson, god bless your fowl life.


No comments:

Post a Comment