Wednesday, February 18, 2009

tomorrow

I am getting ready for bed, thinking about what fowl Kahea might eat tomorrow. He doesn't have any more fowl in the fridge so he will have to get some from the grocery store if he is going to continue with his fowl loving.

I know he is pretty low on $$$, so maybe he can't afford more any more fowl. Although, I know part of why he started eating fowl is because of how cheap chicken legs and turkey legs are. At first I was kind of surprised at how cheap it was, but after thinking about it, I realized it makes sense that a piece of fowl which has undergone only minimal processing would be much less than than say, a frozen pizza which has been extensively processed on several levels. As well, it seems that of all the different meats available at least one type of fowl will almost inevitable be on sale.

For example, right now at Ralph's, where Kahea buys has, up to this point, purchased his bird legs, one can get an entire organic fryer Chicken for only 3.99.



Time will tell if Kahea will be able to afford another chicken, turkey or other fowl leg tomorrow. I pray to god and dog spelled backwords that he will.

I am hoping he gets food stamps. An extra 155$ per month just for food would go a long way towards purchasing a generous variety of fowl meat.(I know how much he would get because he and I have the exact same income and rent)

3 comments:

  1. Here is the first of what I hope will be several fowl-related haikus:

    Kahea's poultry
    delicious, satisfying
    don't forget to floss

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's time to branch out
    Perhaps pheasant under glass
    What is the problem?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, this blog, to me, hearkens back to the comedy of those ye olde jokey diaryland accounts that were once created. My favorite being the fake landlord one called "iamlorraine."

    ReplyDelete